Saturday 25 August 2012

I am his hearing with which he hears...







In a hadith qudsi, Allah ta’ala says, “My slave does not draw closer to Me with anything more beloved to Me than the things I have made obligatory on him. And my slave continues to draw closer with optional extra acts until I love him. And when I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his sight with which he sees, his hand with which he grasps and his foot with which he walks. If he asks Me, I will definitely give him, and if he seeks refuge with Me, I will definitely give him refuge.” [Bukhari]

Here is a du’aa the Prophet salla Allahu ‘alayhi wasallam used to make,

“O Allah, by Your knowledge of the Unseen and Your power over Your creation, keep me alive for as long as You know life is good for me, and cause me to die when You know death is good for me. O Allah, I ask You to make me fear You in secret and in public, and I ask You to make me speak the truth in times of contentment and of anger. I ask You not to let me be extravagant in poverty or in prosperity. I ask You for continuous blessings, and for contentment that does not end. I ask You to let me accept Your decree, and for a good life after death. I ask You for the joy of seeing Your face and for the longing to meet You, without going through diseases and misguiding trials. O Allaah, adorn us with the adornment of faith and make us among those who are guided. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.” [Sahih an-Nisa'i]

No comments:

Post a Comment