Wednesday 22 August 2012

The Most Valuable


Jewels..


Umar ibn Khattab r.a knew what was most worthy and most valuable, and he wanted to give the sahabah a lesson. So they were sitting in a room, and he said,
 "Make a wish!"
One of the sahabah said; " I wish that this room would be filled with gold, so I can spend it in the path of ALLAH". Umar Ibn Khattab said,
"Make a wish!"
Another sahabah said that "I wish that this room would be filled with jewels and gems so I can spend it in the path of ALLAH". He said again,
"Make a wish!"
The sahabah reply " O Amirul Mu'minin, we don't know what to say. You want to filled this room with what?"

Umar ibn khattab r.a said, " My wish is that ALLAH s.w.t fills this room with the likes of Abu Ubaidah Amr ibn Al-Jarrah r.a, so that I can send them in the path of ALLAH." ( in other narration Abu Ubaidah r.a and Muaz ibn Jabal r.a)

Umar is telling them, and telling us that your human resources are more important than your financial resources. They are more important than your bricks or moor. They are more important than everything that you have. It is your HUMAN RESOURCES that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment